Who said salads are boring and tasteless? Some out of the box thinking, and voila! You will have a yummy salad ready within a jiffy. Here is the perfect salad recipe that will tantalize your taste buds and yet not burden you with the guilt of unhealthy calories.
This warm macaroni salad recipe makes for the perfect evening snack. It is even a great option if you are very tired and just want to have a light supper before dozing off.
Check out how to prepare this dish, which is inarguably the tastiest comfort food ever!
Warm Macaroni Salad
Serves: 2 people
Nutritional Value: 310 calories/100 grams
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups cooked macaroni (or any other variety of pasta)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion (raw)
- Half cup mixed finely chopped red and yellow bell peppers (raw)
- Half cup hot milk
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tea spoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 2 tea spoons cornflour
- 1 and a half tablespoon water
- 8-10 basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- Mix cooked macaroni and all the vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the mixture of veggies and macaroni.
- Mix gently till the spices coat macaroni and veggies well. Take care to avoid breaking the macaroni.
- Add shredded cheese to a glass of warm milk.
- Ensure that the milk is warm and not boiling hot. This will ensure that the cheese melts well, yet the milk does not curdle.
- In a bowl, mix cornflour and water to prepare a paste. Stir this paste well and add to the milk.
- Keep on stirring till the sauce thickens.
- Add the sauce to macaroni while it is still warm. Your warm macaroni salad is ready!
- Serve the macaroni in a bowl and garnish with basil leaves.
Here’s the video recipe of Cheese Warm Macaroni Salad for your reference:
- Boiled corn, carrots, tomatoes, will add more color and definitely a yummier taste to your salad.
- Use coriander leaves for garnishing if basil leaves are unavailable.
- Add chili flakes, paprika powder or red chili powder if you prefer your salad spicy.