“Sail smoothly through a stressful day with a glass of yummy and healthy dry fruit smoothie!!”
Smoothies have been hogging the limelight for being one of the tastiest health foods. A basic blend of banana, honey, and milk or curd can be combined with fruits, dried fruits and in some cases even vegetables, to whip up a variety of tasty smoothies.
We have come up with a unique recipe to incorporate taste, health and nutrition, all together in one dish. Dry fruit smoothie combines the goodness of dairy, sweetness of bananas and nutrition of dry fruits to give your day the perfect start. This smoothie can be consumed for breakfast, post your workout or any time of the day when your hunger pangs bother you.
Dry Fruit Smoothie
Serves: 1 person
Nutritional Value: 230 calories
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Half cup assorted dry fruits (Nuts, Raisins, Dates, Dried Apricot)
- 1/4th cup chilled curd
- 1 chopped banana
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- In a blender jar, add milk, curd, dry fruits and chopped banana.
- Blend all ingredients into a smooth paste and set the mixture aside. Ensure that there are no lumps of banana, dry fruits or curd.
- Line a mason jar with caramel sauce in a fancy pattern.
- Pour the blended mixture into the mason jar till the jar is completely filled.
- Garnish the smoothie with chocolate chips.
You can watch the dry fruit smoothie recipe video here, if you prefer watching that is!
- Dry fruit smoothies is an ideal meal for the health conscious folks.
- There is no sugar in the dish which makes it safe for consumption by diabetic patients.
- DO NOT use hot milk for preparing smoothie to avoid curdling.
- Consume the smoothie fresh.