Oats are the undisputed winner when it comes to diet foods. They are rich in fiber content, help in controlling body fat levels and aid in weight loss. However, they are the last food item anyone can ever look forward to eat!!
We at AdviceUncle gave this a deep thought and have come up with a delicious oats recipe for all those who balk at the idea of eating oats. Oats curd sandwich is a healthy snack that can be enjoyed by one and all. It is as tasty as it is healthy and can be eaten without any guilt by those who are watching their weight.
Oats Curd Sandwich
Serves: 2 people
Nutritional Value: 98 calories/ sandwich
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices of bread (Brown / Whole Wheat / Multigrain)
- 1-2 tablespoons oats soaked in water
- 1/4th cup hung curd (To prepare hung curd, take 1/2 cup curd, tie it in a cloth and wring out all the water content. Keep the curd tied in the cloth overnight)
- 1/2 cup vegetables (Boiled corn, and finely chopped carrot and capsicum)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons white butter
- Italian seasoning (easily available in market)
- Salt to taste
- Start preparing these yummy sandwiches by mixing vegetables, hung curd, soaked oats, salt and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Apply white butter to 4 slices of bread.
- Spread stuffing on one slice and place another slice of bread over it.
- Gorge on these yummy sandwiches as soon as your prepare them.
- Enhance their taste multifold by toasting them over some olive oil.
If you prefer watching over reading, here’s the video for oats curd sandwich recipe:
- This recipe is very diet friendly.
- White bread can be used instead of brown / wheat bread.
- Clarified butter (ghee) / low fat butter, can be used to toast bread if olive oil is not available.